What is the Reduced Monthly Fee Plan with the ACE Elite Card?
Just $5 a Month
When you choose and qualify for the Reduced Monthly Plan, you’ll pay just $5 a month for unlimited purchase transactions, with no signature or PIN transaction fees.1 No matter how you prefer to purchase at stores in the U.S., you’ll pay no purchase fee. Swipe your card as a debit card or credit card with no additional charge.
Enroll in Direct Deposit to Qualify for the Reduced Monthly Plan1
How Do You Get the Reduced Monthly Plan?1
To qualify for the Reduced Monthly Plan, you’ll need to have at least $500 in payroll or government benefit direct deposits in one calendar month to your Card Account. Along with having unlimited purchase transactions for just $5 a month with qualifying Direct Deposit, you'll also have the ability to use the $10 Purchase Cushion,4 and more.
What if You Already Have the Pay-as-You-Go Plan?3
We’re excited to have you as a customer! To qualify for the Reduced Monthly Plan, simply direct deposit at least $500 in payroll or government benefits to your card in one calendar month. That’s it!1
How Much Does a Prepaid Debit Card Cost?
There is no fee to apply for an ACE Elite Card. You may be charged fees for certain types of transactions, based on the fee plan you select. Learn more about fees on our Rates page.Learn More
1. Cardholder may enroll in the Monthly Plan to pay a flat fee of $9.95 per month instead of paying a fee for every purchase transaction under the Pay-As-You-Go Plan. Neither Plan Fee option includes any other fees. If cardholder receives $500 in payroll or government benefit direct deposits in 1 calendar month, cardholder will qualify for the Reduced Monthly Plan. After qualifying, Monthly Plan Cardholders will receive the Reduced Monthly Plan Fee of $5 on their next Plan Fee assessment date. Pay-As-You-Go Cardholders must enroll in the Reduced Monthly Plan to receive it.
2. IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR OPENING A CARD ACCOUNT: To help the federal government fight the funding of terrorism and money laundering activities, the USA PATRIOT Act requires us to obtain, verify, and record information that identifies each person who opens a Card Account. WHAT THIS MEANS FOR YOU: When you open a Card Account, we will ask for your name, address, date of birth, and your government ID number. We may also ask to see your driver’s license or other identifying information. Card activation and identity verification required before you can use the Card Account. If your identity is partially verified, full use of the Card Account will be restricted, but you may be able to use the Card for in-store purchase transactions. Restrictions include: no ATM withdrawals, international transactions, account-to-account transfers and additional loads. Use of Card Account also subject to fraud prevention restrictions at any time, with or without notice. Residents of Vermont are ineligible to open a Card Account.
3. The Pay-As-You-Go Plan is the default Plan Fee on the Card Account. Cardholder may enroll in the Monthly Plan to pay a flat fee of $9.95 per month instead of paying a fee for every purchase transaction under the Pay-As-You-Go Plan. Neither Plan Fee option includes any other fees. If cardholder receives $500 in payroll or government benefit direct deposits in 1 calendar month, cardholder will qualify for the Reduced Monthly Plan. After qualifying, Monthly Plan Cardholders will receive the Reduced Monthly Plan Fee of $5 on their next Plan Fee assessment date. Pay-As-You-Go Cardholders must enroll in the Reduced Monthly Plan to receive it.
4. The $10 Purchase Cushion is not an extension of credit; it is a courtesy exercised at our discretion. Approved purchase transactions may create up to a $10.00 negative balance on your Card Account. Cardholder is responsible for repayment of any negative balance. See the Cardholder Agreement for details.
5. The Savings Account is made available to Cardholders through MetaBank®; Member FDIC. To participate in the Savings Account program, Cardholder must consent to and continue receiving communications from us in electronic form. If Cardholder is subject to Internal Revenue Service backup withholding at the time of the request to open a Savings Account, the request will be declined. Interest is calculated on the Average Daily Balance(s) of the Savings Account and is paid quarterly.
• If the Average Daily Balance is $1,000.00 or less, the interest rate paid on the entire balance will be 4.91% with an annual percentage yield (APY) of 5.00%.
• If the Average Daily Balance is more than $1,000.00, the interest rate paid on the portion of the Average Daily Balance which exceeds $1,000.00 will be 0.49% with an APY of 0.50%, and the interest paid on the portion of the Average Daily Balance which is $1,000.00 or less will be 4.91%. The APY for this tier will range from 5.00% to 0.54%, depending on the balance in the account.
The interest rates and APYs of each tier may change. The APYs were accurate as of 3/1/2020. These are promotional rates and may change without notice pursuant to applicable law. No minimum balance necessary to open Savings Account or obtain the yield(s). Because Savings Account funds are withdrawn through the Card Account (maximum 6 such transfers per calendar month), Card Account transaction fees could reduce the interest earned on the Savings Account. Card Account and Savings Account funds are FDIC-insured upon verification of Cardholder’s identity. For purposes of FDIC coverage limit, all funds held on deposit by the Cardholder at MetaBank will be aggregated up to the coverage limit, currently $250,000.00.
The ACE Elite Visa Prepaid Debit Card is issued by MetaBank, Member FDIC, pursuant to a license from Visa U.S.A. Inc. Netspend, a Global Payments Company, is a registered agent of MetaBank. Card may be used everywhere Visa debit cards are accepted. Certain products and services may be licensed under U.S. Patent Nos. 6,000,608 and 6,189,787. Use of the Card Account is subject to activation, ID verification, and funds availability. Transaction fees, terms, and conditions apply to the use and reloading of the Card Account. See the Cardholder Agreement for details.
© 2020 Global Payments Company. All rights reserved worldwide. Global Payments Company and Netspend are federally registered U.S. service marks of Global Payments Company. All other trademarks and service marks belong to their owners.